Plumbers, Gasfitters
and Drainlayers Board
close menu

Certifying Plumbers

If you’re registered with the Board as a Certifying Plumber, you are deemed, under thePlumbers, Gasfitters, and Drainlayers Act 2006 (Act), to be a Certification Authority for a transitional period ending 6 June 2025. Under the Act, you are also deemed a Vehicle Inspector.  


If you want to work with self-contained vehicles, as a Certifying Plumber there are two options you can choose from: 

  • Enrol to be a Certification Authority – this gives you access to the Register and allows you to certify vehicles as self-contained (you can also work as a Vehicle Inspector)   
  • Work as a Vehicle Inspector for another Certification Authority