Plumbers, Gasfitters
and Drainlayers Board
close menu

Advice for Consumers

Check your plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer is licensed


Before you begin renovating or doing work on your home or business, there's a lot to decide before you get started. All work carried out at your property must meet the requirements of the Building Code, regardless of whether it requires a code of compliance certificate or not. You almost might need to notify your insurance company of renovations to keep within your policy.

For any plumbing, gasfitting or drainlaying work, make sure the person undertaking the work is licensed to do so.