Please enable JS


Do you want to translate the page?

Q&A's : Understanding your licence class

What is the difference between Certifying and Tradesman?

Who are Limited Certificate Trainees?

What does Exemption Under Supervision mean?

What is a Journeyman?

Renewing your licence

Get Covid-19 safety advice [ here ]

1 April 2022 -31 March 2023 licence

Renewing the easier, simpler and fast way with the app

How the app works >>

Do it on mobile here >> 

Important information

The 2022 fees have increased.

In order to renew your practising licence, you must complete the 2021 CPD course.

The PGDB licence card is virtual. You can order a physical licence card for the price of $4.50 by selecting the option in your trade log or by selecting the physical licence card box on the paper form.

If you are paying by direct debit or credit card a 2.41% credit card fee will be charged.

Log in to your Trade Log-in.  All you need is your licence number and password.

Note: If you have just passed your exam and are not yet registered as a Journeyman/Tradesman/Certifier.  Complete the registration application here first.

Renewing by post

2022 Forms 

If you are a trainee read our quick guide on obtaining your licence.

See fees >> 

Important information

Supervision requirements

Guidance when supervising registered Tradesmen, Provisional Licence holders, Limited Certificate Trainees and Exemption Under Supervision holders.

Public register details

The public register is a legal requirement under the Plumbers, Gasfitters, and Drainlayers Act 2006.  You need to ensure you keep it updated.

Lost licence cards

It's important you notify the Board immediately if you have lost your NZ Practising Licence.