[15-01-2020] In the Hastings District Court, a man was sentenced to a $2,000 fine for carrying out restricted plumbing and gasfitting work without authorisation . He carried out bedroom and bathroom alterations at a Hastings residence. He was not a registered and licensed plumber or gasfitter and the work was found to be substandard and dangerous. The health and safety risks are high - and you may be invalidating your insurance policy. Only authorised tradespeople who carry a current NZ Practising Licence can carry out this work.
[11-12-2019] In the Taupo District Court, a man has been sentenced to a $1,200 fine for carrying out restricted plumbing work. He told the property owner that he was a licensed plumber, but she did not ask him to show her his NZ Practising Licence. It is important for homeowners to stay safe and avoid risk. It takes one simple action – ask to sight a licence card. It states the credentials of a tradesperson and the type of work they are authorised to carry out.
[02-05-2019] The PGDB cautions homeowners today not to fall into the trap of using unlicensed people to conduct plumbing work for home maintenance or renovation projects.
Yesterday in the Hamilton District Court after submitting a guilty plea, a man was sentenced to a $2000 fine for carrying out restricted plumbing work without authorisation. He was ordered to pay $130 in Court costs and $226 for solicitor’s fees,
While it’s one thing to drive your organisation towards success through innovation, it’s another to properly safeguard it for the road ahead.
A proactive approach, advanced technology and an all-new approach to campaign delivery combine to ensure the Kiwi’s are staying ahead of the regulatory curve.
With the current construction environment and the local industry spread so thinly and requiring significant increases of plumbers, gasfitters and drainlayers, effectively maintaining a pool of talented and competent tradespeople can be challenging. During these times of significant demand for our trades, as an industry, we need to be proactively seeking the solutions to alleviate the problem.
A Tauranga gasfitter has been sentenced to four months' community detention after a gas fireplace he installed incorrectly caught fire causing significant damage to the house.