Please enable JS

Help for overseas tradespeople

Do you want to translate the page?

Keeping it legal in New Zealand

We regularly check tradespeople

Do you already have an overseas plumbing, gasfitting or drainlaying qualification? Make sure you hold the correct qualification for New Zealand.

You are breaking the law if you carry out restricted plumbing, gasfitting or drainlaying work without the NZ Practising Licence.  We regularly check tradespeople and hotspot areas nationwide that come to our attention.

Help for overseas tradespeople

Get assistance

If you need more help or have a registration or licensing question let us know.  Call on 0800 743 262 (+64 4 494 2970 from overseas) or email