The Plumbing, Gasfitting and Drainlaying Act 2006 (‘the Act’) requires the Board to follow certain consultation processes for particular decisions. However, the Board welcomes and values input on any matters and consults on a wider range of issues than the Act stipulates.
The Board engages with stakeholders in a number of ways:
- through formal consultation processes
- through additional processes such as industry forums, designed to encourage broader input into its decisions
- through its ongoing relationships with key partners and industry stakeholders.
To ensure consultation is meaningful, the Board will:
- let stakeholders know what decisions they can influence (ie what consultation opportunities are available)
- as far as practicable, enable stakeholders to participate in a manner appropriate to their needs
- let stakeholders know how their feedback will be considered; and inform them of the final decision and the reasons for it.